Guys…I did it! I took a picture every single day for an entire year and shared it with you. I’m still a little surprised it wasn’t harder for me to find the will to complete this project. I’m like a proud mama, but of myself…if that makes sense.
To celebrate the last day of this particular project, I went to a show at High Dive in Fremont. My boyfriend’s band was playing so that helped me get my ass out the door, but I had a lot of fun and met some new people, one of them originally from New York, so that was cool. I even got invited to the next girl’s night, which is cool too.
To commemorate this momentous occasion I’ve compiled a list of things I did, or happened this past year, in no particular order:
- Moved across the country.
- Spontaneously went to Hawaii.
- Got my first big girl job…at Microsoft!
- Dated for the first time ever.
- Walked to the grocery store…twice.
- Spent my birthday away from my mom, dad, and sister for the first time in my entire life.
- Watched my sister graduate high school.
- Went to my first “professional” baseball game.
- Started drinking red wine.
- Made gnocchi for the first time. (They were perfect.)
- Met people, and made some new friends.
- Got a Washington state drivers license.
- My pants ripped up the ass in public and I had to buy new ones.
- Let my blood thin out and think that 40 degrees is cold.
- Inherited an unexpected hatred for 49ers fans, bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Willingly participated in a Segway tour of Seattle with my family when they visited in July.
- Tried running…I hated it and that’s never gonna happen again.
- Took an 8 week letterpress class and produced some lovely work.
- Received some New York apples from my family because I missed our yearly mecca to Beak and Skiff.
- I read the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy.
- Went to Discovery Park.
- Found an apartment I loved and moved to lower Queen Anne in Seattle.
- Became a Seahawks fan.
- Remained a Giants, Bills, and Syracuse Orange fan.
- Furnished most of my with stuff from Ikea.
- Sold my soul to Pottery Barn for the perfect bed.
- Went home to Syracuse for Christmas.
- Attended a Syracuse men’s basketball game.
- Got myself a boyfriend.
- Called Seattle home.
I feel extremely fortunate to have an amazing support system that not only, well, supported me on this adventure, but gave me the confidence and accolades I needed to enjoy this chapter in my life. I love you all, and I promise to keep this blog going, although, I may take a small hiatus to recuperate and let myself miss the blog so I can continue to love doing it.